CGEM II equatorial computerized mount
Computerized Mount Features
- 40 lbs payload capacity
- Dual-fit Vixen/CG-5 and Losmandy/CGE dovetail saddle
- 2″ steel legs with height index marks for quick leveling
- USB 2.0 port on hand control for direct links to a PC via ASCOM supported software.
- 40,000 object database with over 100 user-definable objects and expanded information on over 200 objects
- Internal cabling throughout for worry-free remote operation
- Low cog DC Servo motor with integrated optical encoders offer smooth, quiet operation
- Able to track past the meridian allowing seamless imaging
- Permanent periodic error corrections allow users to train out the worm gears periodic errors once, while the mount retains the PEC recordings.
- Software Features include: Mount Calibration, Database Filter Limits, Hibernate, five Alignment Procedures, and user-defined slew limits
- Built-in polar alignment program to polar align on any star in the sky
- Longer clutch levers to make tightening and loosening of clutches easier
- Custom database lists of all the most famous deep-sky objects by name and catalog number
- Solar System alignment method allows to view the moon and planets during the day
- Custom Rate 9 feature allows to set maximum slew rate
- Tandem mode allows to star align the mount even when positioned for tandem scope use
- RS-232 communication port on hand control to control the telescope via a personal computer
- Includes NexRemote telescope control software, for advanced control of telescope via computer
- Precision machined 40 mm diameter steel Polar shafts supported by multiple tapered roller bearings and ball bearings
- GPS-compatible with optional SkySync GPS Accessory
A fresh update to the venerable CGEM mount, the CGEM II has a contemporary, attractive, bold appearance and is capable of carrying Celestron’s higher-end SCT optical tubes (up to 11″) securely and vibration free, which is ideal for both imaging and visual observing. Capable of holding 40 lbs. of payload and slewing at 5° per second, you will be able to instantly point to any of the celestial objects in the database.
CGEM II was designed to be ergonomically friendly with large Altitude and Azimuth adjustment knobs for quick and easy polar alignment adjustment. The internal RA and DEC motor wiring provides a clean look and an easy and trouble free set up.
The CGEM II series features Celestron’s innovative All-Star Polar alignment procedure. All-Star allows you to accurately polar align the mount using any star, even ig the celestial pole cannot be seen. Another great feature of the CGEM II sure to please astroimagers, is the Permanent Periodic Error Correction (PEC) which will allow users to train out the worm gears periodic errors, while the mount retains the PEC recordings.
For objects near the Meridian (imaginary line passing from North to South), the CGEM II will track well past the Meridian for uninterrupted imaging through the most ideal part of the sky. The CGEM II mount has a robust database with over 40,000 objects, 100 user defined programmable objects and enhanced information on over 200 objects. Celestron’s CGEM II mount is the perfect fit between the Advanced VX Series and CGX Series.